It’s your turn moms!
Mother’s day is just around the corner and Orthodontic Experts wants to celebrate your special day.
Take this time to spend it with your family and enjoy this beautiful holiday because IT’S YOUR DAY! Ask yourself what should you do on this special day. Should I relax? Should I have breakfast in bed? Should I cook these delicious healthy recipes?
The answer to those questions is that you should do all the following, but have your significant other be in charge of the following, while you relax all day and enjoy the spring sunshine! We think that sounds about right.
While you’re in your relaxation mode, have your significant other serve you!
Below Is a Great Healthy Recipe That Is Super Easy to Cook for Mother’s Day:
Egg and Vegetable Muffins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅔ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of bulgur
- ¾ cup of chopped zucchini
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cored, seeded and chopped (⅓ cup)
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano and/or rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon ground back pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat twelve 2½-inch muffin cups with nonstick spray; set aside. In a small saucepan combine water and bulgur. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Drain off any liquid.
- In a large skillet cook zucchini and onion in hot oil over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in bulgur, tomato and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oregano, and pepper. Pour evenly over vegetable mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edges of the muffins to loosen. Carefully remove muffins from the pans and serve warm.