“Ooops, I Forgot to Wear My Retainer ” – Best Ways to Prevent this Happening to You
“Ooops, I forgot to wear my retainer” – this thought can come to anyone who’s having an orthodontic treatment. If you forget to wear your retainer quite often, it can cause significant teeth movement that can delay your treatment. If it has happened many times and you didn’t visit your orthodontist for a while, give us a call at: 847-749-4340 to make sure that your teeth haven’t shifted position.
We’d like to help you to remember to wear your retainer, that is why we came up with some tips that might be useful for you:
- Put some notes in your bathroom and next to your bed reminding you about your retainer
- Set specific instructions for yourself and try to remember them, so you know when and how often to wear your retainer
- Download an App that would send you reminder to wear your retainer. You can try these apps: Braces Accelerator or Wunderlist
- Always put a retainer on the same place or define few places for yourself, so you always know where to find it. Try to keep your retainers in visible places.
- In case you are forgetful, ask your family or friends to remind you about your retainer
- Always put your retainer in case, so you don’t loose or break it
- Motivate yourself buy knowing that not wearing your retainers as much as needed may considerably delay your treatment
After all, if you have any questions, give us a call at (847) 749-4340 and we will be happy to help you or schedule an appointment for you. You can also text us at (847) 404-3268 for any quick questions or inquiries. Our diverse staff will be able to communicate with you in English, Spanish, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Urdu and Hindi languages. We have six convenient immaculate locations and six orthodontists on staff. It’s never too late to achieve that beautiful smile you’ve been waiting for all your life!