Summer Is Finally Here and Orthodontic Experts Would Like To Wish Everyone A Happy Memorial Day!
Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner. Let’s take this time to honor and remember all the veterans who have served our country. Memorial Day is celebrated on the last Monday in May. However, people still decorate the gravesites of war veterans and hold memorial services, but Memorial Day has also evolved into a day that signifies the beginning of summer.
Many people take road trips during the summer to visit friends and family. As for other people, they head to the airport for a long vacation trip, while others just spend their vacation with their family at home. However, when you spend your Memorial Day or summer there are a few things to remember to make your summer the most enjoyable as possible.
Checklist for an Enjoyable Summer:
- Make sure to get your AC unit checked. During the hottest day of the summer, it is always best to have it checked around Memorial Day or right after, but you don’t want to wait longer than that.
- Ensure security while you’re away. The last thing you want is to worry about the security of your home.
- Make an appointment with one of our orthodontists before your vacation. Many people delay their visits until after summer vacation. Avoid the crowds and schedule your appointment to make sure your oral health is in top shape prior to taking a vacation.
Star-Studded Gelato Desserts for Memorial Day
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Indulge in a frozen, red, white, and blue treat served in individual dessert cups. Top scoops of vanilla gelato with strawberry ice cream topping and frozen whipped dessert toppings. Add a puff pastry star cutout and festive sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Spread puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface. Cut with 2 ½ inch star cookie cutter to make 7 stars. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with white coarse sugar.
- Bake cutouts for 9 to 11 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, fill seven 6-ounce glasses about ½ full of gelato. Top with strawberry ice cream topping and remaining gelato.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Just before serving, spoon whipped topping on top; sprinkle with blue sugar. Insert star cutout into each serving.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day and let’s make this the best summer ever!