Orthodontic Experts is seeking an experienced receptionist to add to our team!
An ideal candidate will have great communication, strong multi-tasking, and organizational skills so doctors, assistants, and patients can stay on a tight appointment schedule. As a receptionist, you won’t administer treatment responsibilities nor prescribe care for patients, so you can focus your attention on administrative tasks.
- Overlook the cleanliness and maintenance of the front waiting area
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance. Uniforms must be worn on patient days. If it is an administrative day casual clothing is acceptable, but employee should still maintain a high level of professionalism through his/her attire.
- Answer all phone calls
- Listen and return all voicemails left in front office phones.
- Check-in new and existing patients and let the clinical staff know that the patient has arrived
- Collect all necessary patient information for new patients (Patient registration form, Medical History Form, HIPAA privacy notice)
- Check out patients (collect payments, make next appointment)
- Handle questions and provides information to walk-in patients.
(This can include discussing the type of insurance the practice accepts, the treatment options available as well as the credentials.)
- Maintain commlog up to date with all necessary patient/parent communication information
- Review the daily schedule of the clinic for any changes
- Check the daily schedule in advance and fill in any open spots with bondings/adjustments/new patient consultations at least two days prior. Adjust clinic hours based on the schedule.
- Review for Bonding approvals
- Check if all bondings are Approved and Active with insurance (day before & day of the appointment)
- Understand cancellation policy and reiterate it to patients
- Print end of the day reports. Check collected payments against the report and check all credit card transactions.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- High school or equivalent
- Receptionist: 1 year