● Conduct interviews to understand the patient’s oral health history, concerns, and objectives
● Explain the treatment plan, address patient concerns and answer any questions
● Assist the patient in prioritizing the treatment and establish a plan for scheduling and payment
● Build trust, and understand the patient’s objectives
● Conduct financial consultations with all new patients and with existing patients when new treatment plans are presented.
● Manage and maintain the payment options and policies for patients to uphold the practice’s financial integrity.
● Understand the practice’s policy on working with Ortho benefit plans and be prepared to educate patients on their dental benefits.
● Bill dental insurance, post payments, and claim estimations as required.
● Oversee and track ortho benefit plan accounts receivable and follow-up on claims regularly to ensure timely payment.
● Communicate with all outside and third-party financing companies offered to patients and educate patients on the available outside financing options.
● Track patient accounts receivable and outstanding balances to ensure timely payment.
● Assist in Practice’s collections protocol for all outstanding balances.
● Introduce new patients to the practice by going over health history, explaining the doctor’s examination, and describing any other features about the practice that should be highlighted.
● Conduct treatment consultations with all new patients and with existing patients when new treatment plans are presented.
● Greet and check patients in and out before and after treatment.
● Answer incoming calls to include, new patient calls, emergencies, scheduling patient appointments, requesting records, and follow up.
● Perform general office duties and other duties as required.
- Associates degree preferred
- Basic understanding of dental or ortho
- Ability to build Report
- Front Office Experience
- Computer Proficiency
- Google Suites/ Microsoft knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with treatment plans