Your Elmwood Park Orthodontist
At Orthodontic Experts, we offer various different types of orthodontic treatment including braces and clear aligners. Your Elmwood Park Orthodontist offers anywhere from traditional braces to clear (ceramic) braces all the way to clear aligners.
Please call our office at 708) 540-1770 for more information on the different types of orthodontic treatments available near Elmwood Park, Illinois, and schedule your free consultation with our Elmwood Park orthodontist and our experienced orthodontic team.
Types of Braces Near Elmwood Park, IL
We offer several types of braces to ensure that we can find the treatment that is right for you. The three main types of Braces are:
- Metal Braces – This is the most common type of braces. Metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel. Moreover, due to advances in technology and materials, metal braces are now smaller, more comfortable, and more attractive than ever before.
- Clear Ceramic Braces – Ceramic braces are made of a semitransparent material that is virtually clear. This makes clear ceramic braces popular among patients who are interested in maintaining their lifestyle and a natural-looking aesthetic during treatment. Many of the patients that partake in this type of orthodontic treatment are adults.
- Clear Aligners – Clear Aligners are a clear aligner system that use custom-made plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth to their proper positions. These aligners are designed through computer simulation to ensure optimal results. Because clear aligner therapy is a nearly invisible way to straighten your teeth, it is a very popular treatment among adults and other patients who would like a more discreet treatment option.
The Importance of Oral Hygiene Near Elmwood Park, IL
Braces help teeth to be straighter and also healthier. However, braces can also let food and plaque build up between brackets and under wires easily, so it’s important to maintain a proper oral hygiene routine during orthodontic treatment. Call our Elmwood Park orthodontist to learn more about the importance of oral hygiene and how to practice it!
Braces make cleaning teeth a little more difficult, which can prevent people from brushing and flossing as often as they are used to. However, it is important to maintain proper oral hygiene to ensure that you don’t allow your teeth to contract these potential hygiene issues:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis, also called gum disease, is the first stage of periodontal disease. It’s usually painless, but signs like bleeding, or swollen and puffy gums are symptoms. Gingivitis occurs when plaque builds up around the gum line, so make sure to massage your gums lightly when you brush, as well as floss diligently along the gum line.
- Periodontitis: If not treated, gingivitis can lead to periodontitis, infection and inflammation in the gums that spreads to the ligaments and bone that support the teeth. With periodontitis, the gums start to pull away from the teeth, forming gaps or pockets between teeth that allow for more plaque to accumulate.
- Decalcifications: Decalcifications, sometimes called “white spots,” are permanent stain marks around braces. Lines and spots from decalcification remain on your teeth for life, so the best way to avoid them is to not let them develop by brushing twice a day, every day.
To keep your smile healthy while you have braces, our Elmwood Park orthodontist encourages you to follow these directions:
- Brush your teeth at least three times every day and after each meal.
- Use an interproximal brush to help clean around the brackets and wires.
- Floss at least once every day.
- Rinse your teeth with water every time you clean your teeth
We Service the Following Areas Near Elmwood Park, IL
Schedule A FREE Consultation Today!
A perfect smile is just a click away!
Our orthodontic treatments are super affordable, our Elmwood Park orthodontists are highly experienced, and our orthodontic team prides itself on satisfying every need that you may have. We are proud to create beautiful smiles for the residents of Hillside, Westchester, Bellwood, Maywood, Forest Park, River Forest, Villa Park, Elmhurst, Brookfield, Broadview, Oak Park, Melrose Park, Northlake, La Grange, Riverside, Berwyn, Cicero, Hinsdale, Franklin Park, River Grove, Elmwood Park, Schiller Park, Addison, Wood Dale, Lombard, Lyons, and Oak Brook.
During your initial visit with our team, we will help you determine which type of braces would best meet your personal needs and preferences. For more information and to schedule your free consultation, call us at (708) 540-1770 today.