Your First Visit
What To Expect
Your initial consultation is free. We have same-day braces and fun during your visit.
At Orthodontic Experts, we treat each patient as if they were our family member. Patients of all ages are welcomed in our orthodontic office.
We utilize state-of- the-art technology combined with the latest treatment techniques to provide customized and the most efficient and effective orthodontic treatment possible.
Step 1: No Cost Consultation
The first step in obtaining a beautiful smile is a complimentary orthodontic consultation. During your consultation, we will:
- Get to know you, and find out more about your orthodontic needs and concerns.
- Review your dental and medical history.
- Perform a thorough orthodontic examination and evaluate facial harmony, position and function of the teeth, jaw relationship, and health of the jaw joints and facial muscles.
- Determine the need for necessary diagnostic records including radiographs, photographs, and digital 3D models.
- Discuss different orthodontic treatments (braces, clear aligners, dentofacial orthopedics, orthognathic surgery, etc.).
- Help you make a decision as to which orthodontic treatment would be best for you.
- Discuss treatment timing, fee estimates, insurance options, and our payment plans for any budget.
- Discuss our office policies.
Step 2: Diagnostic Records
If our orthodontist determines that you or your child would benefit from orthodontic treatment, thorough diagnostic records will need to be taken.
The purpose of the diagnostic records is to document your orthodontic problems and to determine the best treatment choice to correct those problems.
The orthodontic diagnostic records consist of:
- Digital Photographs – Facial and bite pictures are taken from different angles to document all the problems and help keep track of treatment efficiency.
- Impressions – Impressions of your teeth are taken to make digital 3D models of your teeth. This helps our orthodontist to visualize your bite from various angles.
- Digital Panaromic X-rays – These are special x-rays that are used to visualize all of your teeth, your jaws, and your joints in one picture. From these x-rays, our orthodontist will determine the condition and position of your teeth and roots, locate missing, extra or impacted teeth, evaluate supporting bone and jaw joints, and rule out any pathology.
- Digital Cephalometric X-rays – These are a full skull x-ray of your profile. The x-ray shows the position and relationship between your teeth, jaws, and skull. This x-rays is also used by our orthodontist to visualize facial harmony and growth pattern.
- Cephalometric Measurements – Our orthodontist will use your cephalometric x-ray to make multiple measurements with a special orthodontic software in our imaging computer. These measurements of your teeth, jaws, and soft tissues enable our orthodontist to finalize an appropriate orthodontic treatment plan that is fully customized to your specific orthodontic needs, and will yield the best functional and aesthetic results.
Step 3: Your Customized Orthodontic Treatment Plan
We offer multiple ways to help you afford orthodontic treatment:
- We offer Initial orthodontic consultations at no charge!
- We accept most dental insurance plans that cover orthodontic treatment (Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental, Metlife, Humana, Cigna, Guardian, United Healthcare, All Kids).
- We offer In-house payment plans for any budget.
- We accept major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex).
- We can set up automated monthly payments.
- Payment plans for any budget, no interest, and up to 60 months for repayment are available through third-party financing services such as CareCredit.
Start Your Journey Today!
Orthodontic Experts Office Policies
Successful orthodontic treatment depends on your cooperation with the following:
- Keeping all scheduled appointments because missed appointments will prolong the treatment time.
- Excellent elastic or removable appliance wear. If you make sure to follow our directions, your treatment will be that much more effective!
- Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. This will make sure to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
- Taking good care of appliances. This means eliminating foods that may break or distort orthodontic appliances. This will make sure that your appliances will work properly!
- Reporting broken or lost appliances promptly. This will help us make sure that you get a replacement appliance and your treatment stays on its course.
Please note: Orthodontic Treatment may be discontinued if there is poor patient cooperation.
- Your orthodontic appointment time has been reserved specifically for you. We understand that unexpected events sometimes require missing an appointment. We request that you give us a 48-hour notice to cancel or re-schedule your appointment
- If an appointment is missed, it is the patient’s/parent’s responsibility to contact our office promptly, to schedule a new appointment.
- Appointments are typically scheduled 4-8 weeks apart.
- In order to provide the highest quality orthodontic care, lengthier appointments are scheduled during school and work hours.
- You will need to visit your general dentist before starting orthodontic treatment. Your general dentist will provide you with an exam, remove any cavities, or remove gum disease which are all needed before starting orthodontic treatment.
- Good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups are essential for successful orthodontic treatment.
- We advise you to see your general dentist every 3-4 month during active orthodontic treatment.
- If you did not have a general dentist prior to your orthodontic treatment, we can help you find one.
Please notify us if you change dentists during your orthodontic treatment!
Schedule A No Cost Consultation Today!
A perfect smile is just a click away!